Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Fall-To Layout #134

Random assortment of stuff that aren't involved to have their own paragraph.
  • I want to go see the movie "Hop" that came out today. While the bunny's cute, James Marsden is cuter. You'd think that in him playing Cyclops that he didn't know how to crack a smile, but really, after he played other roles, he has a great smile.
  • We had free breakfast at work today. Since the Global Health department was sponsoring it, they made it an international themed breakfast with crêpes, madeleines, and croissants with the usual eggs, bacon, fruit, etc. Yum!
  • I made creamy taco mac again. I added in another can of tomatoes and pretended it made the dish healthier.
  • Candy eaters surprisingly slimmer, says this article that I saw on MSNBC.com. Is this an April Fool's joke??? It sounds pretty official to me, but I'm not sure how that's really possible.
  • The grid card that I made last Saturday was featured on the NorthRidge Publishing blog yesterday. You kinda have to scroll down to the bottom of the post.
My uncle is visiting from Taiwan. He came last night and brought over some treats, and of course, we dug right in. I came home from work to find one of the treats (red bean cake with mochi inside) half gone! I have to admit that I had a 1/8 slice last night while watching TV. SOMEone else (::cough:: DAD!) was the culprit. In order to prevent WWIII in my house, Mom gave me my own cake and wrote a note to any potential intruders. Thanks, Mom.
After doing some scrapbook haul watching research on YouTube, I found out that some TJMaxx stores out there are carrying new American Crafts products. I went to investigate and after some major digging, I found a 4 pack value pack of Thickers ($5.99) and a small wedding related stamp set called Boutonniere ($1.99). It pays to do your homework ahead of time, huh? I'll have to see what other locations have to offer sometime this weekend.

Here's my take on this week's Fall-To Layout (#134). I used this sketch as an opportunity to make a birthday card for my boss because her birthday is next week. I rummaged around for some scrap patterned paper and found this floral one from the City Park collection. Then I matched the colors in the paper to the ink that I used for the stamped flower images. I rotated the stamp so that the images were all the same. Then I added some bling, a sentiment and some color around the edges. The white gel pen was added as a finishing touch. Super easy card and I love how colorful and cheerful it is!
Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Prussian Blue, Yellow Ochre, Rouge, Dark Peony, Warm Green, Amber Clay, Blackbird. Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Chipped Sapphire.
Paper: American Crafts- City Park
Stamps: Inkadinkado (flower), Savvy Stamps (sentiment)
White Gel Pen: Inkssentials

1 comments :

Brenda Dean said...

Love this card. This is absolutely gorgeous!

Post a Comment