Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Charity Spinathon + Cards Magazine Challenge

The 2-hour charity spinathon went well today. There were a handful of people that showed up for the cause. My quads are definitely feeling it right now, but I thought it was a great win-win situation. The Red Cross got money for their Japan earthquake relief effort and I got a good workout. :)

When I got home, I made creamy taco mac (this time with mushrooms, instead of peppers). Yummm! By the time I finished eating lunch, all my energy was zapped so I took a nice afternoon nap with Ginger the cat. I thought about going to the craft stores today, but I'm REALLY trying not to buy new craft supplies. How do I prevent that? Just don't go. Instead, I tried a new chocolate chip cookie recipe: Vanilla Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are quite soft and yummy, but I don't think they beat the recipe that my sister uses for chocolate chip cookies. It's tough to beat! I was also expecting the recipe to yield more cookies, but I think that's because I used an ice cream scoop to put the dough on the cookie sheet. Bigger cookies = less of them.

This week's Cards Magazine challenge: cards with a grid format. I started out making my grid using green ink and a dashed line stamp. Then I picked out the elements that I wanted in the squares. I was going for a springy, colorful card so I picked out some paper flowers, buttons, stickers, and a sentiment. I finished the card off by distressing the edges of the cardstock and patterned paper. I didn't think that faux stitching would work in this case because the grid already used dashed lines.

Card Specs:
Paper: American Crafts- City Park
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Blackbird, Warm Green
Stamps: Hero Arts- Friendly Greetings (sentiment), Autumn Leaves- Build-a-Flower (dashed line)
Buttons: Favorite Findings in Pink
Brad: Recollections Gem Brads, Making Memories Brad Value Pack- Chelsea's Place collection
Stickers: EK Success- Birds (bird, flowers)
Punch: Martha Stewart- Classic Butterfly
Flowers: Prima

Sighhhhh, just wrote out my checks for federal and state taxes. I did it like ripping off a bandaid- do it and get it over with. I guess it's a good thing that I didn't go shopping today. :P

1 comments :

Jen W. said...

Cute! Love that little birdie in the middle!
Yet again, you're making me hungry with the food talk. Found this recipe online recently and I think you've just given me the push I need to get off my butt and bake!
http://www.stephanieskitchen.com/2009/07/chocolate-dipped-peanut-butter-pretzel-bites/

Post a Comment