Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

CPS #210

Here's my take on this week's CPS challenge (#210). The card is for my former boss...her birthday is on Saturday. I think if I send it out tomorrow, it'll still get there on time. I have been gravitating towards the City Park paper collection lately...the colors are just so bright, fun and cheerful. I was really struggling with the main panel in the middle. At first, it was just the yellow embossed piece and the white piece. Then I thought the white piece wasn't standing out as much, so I put some Wild Honey ink on the edges. No, no, now it's too yellow. I found a scrap piece of brown patterned paper from the same collection and die cut another label to be in between the yellow and white. Whew, it worked out! If I wasn't sending this card through the mail, I probably would have put the main panel on foam adhesive so that the card wouldn't look so flat.
Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Blackbird, Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Wild Honey
Paper: American Crafts- City Park
Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 4
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
Stamp: Studio G (sentiment)
Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug (Swiss Dots)
Stickers: Martha Stewart- Fiesta Icon Stickers

1 comments :

Jen W. said...

Good call on the brown tag - really makes it pop. Have a great weekend!

Post a Comment