Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

A Present Card

I really have to get a handle on my impulse shopping. Sheesh. On the other hand, how can you pass up this adorable kitty mug? I guess you could if you're more of a dog person.

For today's card, I thought it'd be fun to make the card look like a present, complete with ribbon and a tag. I was also looking for an excuse to use the pretty red satin ribbon that I bought recently. I first stamped the flowers on the blue panel. The ribbon came next. I wrapped a piece of ribbon around the shorter length of the blue panel and then used a longer piece of ribbon to tie the bow around the longer length. I wanted some shimmer in the card, so I took a large brad and used my Tim Holtz scissors to cut the prongs off. The little tag was added as a finishing touch.
Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Charcoal, Warm Red, Prussian Blue. Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Broken China.
Stamps: K.I. Memories- Pet (sentiment), Fiskars- Friendly Flowers (flowers)
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
Paper: Die Cuts with a View- Stack 7
Stickers: EK Success- Hearts (heart)
Brad: Recollections
Foam adhesive: Thermoweb

A lady in the elevator complimented my bright green nail polish. :D

Song of the day: "Little Miss" - Sugarland.

1 comments :

Laura said...

Love that card - what a cute idea!

Post a Comment