Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tuesday Trigger: Farm Fresh

I got an unexpected phone call today at the office (well, I guess it's not really unexpected since it was my boss on the other end...it's more like the subject of the call was unexpected). She told me that my name was brought up in a senior staff meeting as one of three staff members nominated to go to a leadership conference next week. Huh? Wow. That's pretty cool. I'm not sure if the other ladies are going, but either way, I think it'd be a good experience. Perhaps this is a sign of good things to come in my professional life (see New Year's Resolutions 2011, last bullet).

This week's Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger challenge featured a towel with some orange flower pattern and some mason jars. While I don't have any farm-related or mason jar stamps, I tried to incorporate the other elements of the trigger photo instead...the colors orange and blue and the scalloped circles with flowers inside. After I did the punching, die cutting and stamping, I thought the card could use some dimension/visual interest BUT I didn't think the trigger photo needed bling. I thought the pearls added a more subtle finishing touch. It's tough to tell in my card photo, but the orange cardstock that I used has some striped texture to it.
Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Blackbird, Amber Clay
Stamp: Inkadinkado (flowers), Fiskars- Just Between Friends (sentiment)
Paper: Making Memories- Chloe's Closet, American Crafts Specialty Paper in Pearl
Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circles Large
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Martha Stewart Doily Lace border punch, EK Success Scalloped Circle punch (2 inch), EK Success Circle punch (1 3/8 inch)
Pearl: Queen & Co.- Pearl

4 comments :

Jessi Fogan said...

I love it! The pearls are the perfect touch, and I really love the layout :)

Nancy said...

love love love!! :)

Lara said...

Oh I just love this one!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Tina! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you gave it a whirl! :)

Post a Comment