Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Spring Sister Challenge, Day 3 + New Scrapbook Page

My $1 stamp stash has kinda gotten out of control. I've been using thin cardboard boxes to store them, but it's been difficult to find what stamps I want to use because they are all piled on top of each other. Today, I found a treat container that Mom put in the to-be-recycled bin and I decided to use it to store my sentiment stamps. They are all laid out on one level and it's now so much easier to find what I'm looking for. Hooray for being green. :)I've finally put together a scrapbook page to showcase the birthday cards I received in the mail this year. I did something similar with last year's Christmas cards. I wanted to capture some of the things that I did for my birthday as well as use some of the items that I got for my birthday within the page (the sweets paper and stamp came from Meg). The Washington Post also has a horoscope section, and I cut out the horoscope specific for people who have a birthday on that day. I glued the birthday horoscope on a tag and journaled on the back of it. I created a small pocket for it in the upper right so that I wouldn't have to worry about it getting lost. The page was made on white cardstock, even though the scanner kinda made it look grey.

Page Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Orchid Pastel
Paper: Die Cuts with a View- Sweet Stack, Die Cuts with a View- Stack 7
Punch: Fiskars Upper Crest border punch
Stamp: Hero Arts- Time to Enjoy (sentiment)
Die: Sizzix- Tags, Scallop Combo #2 (tag)
Other: Magenta Sharpie Ultra Fine Point marker
Stickers: American Crafts Dear Lizzy Christmas Glitter Thickers-Sparkling Opal

For today's sister challenge, Julie picked out a sentiment stamp that I don't think I've used before, even though I think I bought it a few years ago. Oops. I thought it'd go perfectly with the bunny butt stamp. Similar to this card that I made last week, I used tiny rhinestones to add dimension to the card.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Blackbird
Stamp: Studio G (bunnies, sentiment)
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
Paper: Die Cuts with a View - Stack 7 (blue), American Crafts- Letterbox (yellow), American Crafts- Metropolitan (red)

The St. Patrick's 8K race is tomorrow...send good running vibes in the morning! Full report to follow on Sunday. :)

0 comments :

Post a Comment