Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

Fall-To Layout #133

I found this funny dog video on YouTube yesterday: Denver the Guilty Dog.

At the office today, we had a company get-together at a nearby restaurant to finish off Employee Appreciation week. I went to a few planning meetings where we discussed what activities should be available at the event because we didn't want people to be bored and just sit and eat. I volunteered to bring my Wii. I think someone else volunteered to bring board games. However, we ended up just sitting and eating and chatting anyway. Ha ha. The food was really good: veggies + dip, some sort of chicken drumsticks, a few different types of pizza, and some crab dip + pita slices (which was my favorite...it was so good that I had 2 helpings!). Each of us could get 1 drink so I went with a strawberry daiquiri, yum.

I debated going for a run after work, but then decided against it because I'll be doing the 2-hour charity spinathon tomorrow at the gym. I took a post-work nap instead. It was an awesome way to end the work week! :D

Alright...onto card related stuff. I found out this morning that my button "Happy Easter card" was one of the ones showcased on the NorthRidge Publishing blog today (you kinda have to scroll down). Thank you, Paige!

Here's my take on this week's Fall-To Layout challenge (#133). Challenge: "The idea here is to use a 3-d element where the flowers are shown on the sketch. As I described it to my team, use something that wouldn't typically fit in the mail." I didn't want to use any of my dies because, instinctively, that's the first thing I would grab. I wanted to think outside the box. I remembered having some ribbon on spools that was too short to tie on cards, so I cut them into short strips (9 total for 3 flowers). I used my hot glue gun to glue the strips together to make loops and then glue 3 loops together to make a flower. I accented each flower with a pearl brad (I cut the prongs off with Tim Holtz scissors). I love finding new ways to use up supplies...that way, nothing goes to waste!
Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Blackbird
Stamps: Studio G (sentiment)
Paper: American Crafts- Letterbox
Brad: Recollections
Punch: Fiskars Apron Lace border punch

3 comments :

Jen W. said...

Awesome idea and perfect spring colours! And I'm totally with you on post work naps - they rock! Good luck at the spinathon today. :)

Eve said...

Fab card! Love how u decorated the ribbon on the card.

NanaConnie said...

Incredible flowers from ribbon! Simple concept but huge impact. Great card!

Post a Comment