Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

One-Layer Wednesday #47

Here's my take on this week's One-Layer Wednesday challenge (#47). It's a sketch this week, instead of a concept. Even though I'm more of a cat person, this dog stamp was speaking to me today. I used a scrap piece of paper, cut it to a square and masked off the center of the card. Then I took some dog related images from the same stamp set to create a colorful background. I took the mask off, used a pencil and ruler to draw a slightly smaller square where the mask used to be, and then used a Sharpie to go over the pencil line. I like how the lines aren't exactly straight because it adds to the homemade feel to the card. I added the images and sentiment to the inside of the square. I thought that something was still missing once I finished all the stamping. I didn't want to add any embellishments or round any of the corners or do some faux stitching. thinkthinkthink. Ah hah! I finished the card off with adding some ink to the edges of the card. Ta da!

I also got picked for a prize from my One-Layer Wednesday card submission a few weeks back. What a wonderful surprise! Thanks so much, Jennifer! :)
Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Chestnut Roan, Blue Iris, Maroon, Dark Brown, French Blue. Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Chipped Sapphire.
Stamps: Inkadinkado (sentiment), K.I. Memories- Pet (dog, paw print, ball, bones), Fiskars- Friendship Garden (heart)
Other: Brown Sharpie Ultra Fine Point marker

Song of the day: "A Little Bit Stronger"- Sara Evans.

3 comments :

Jennifer Styles said...

Oh the cuteness!

What a great idea and a wonderful card!

Awesome job on the challenge and thanks for playing along with OLW47!

Jen W. said...

Glad to see you're an equal opportunity cat and dog stamper! This is totally cute and congrats on your prize for your hex card!

Susan said...

Cute as cute can be!!

Post a Comment