Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Moving Day

Today started out with a "WOMP" (as my friend Jenny would say) moment. I've been delaying (read: hoping that the leadership at work would conveniently forget) my move to the office across the street. But the move happened today because when I got to the office this morning, my computer, screen and phone were all gone! My office roommate Jennifer told me that the IT guys had been in there earlier, packing stuff up and moving it across the street. It was much more quiet across the street. Morgan (new office roommate and fellow mover) and I hatched a plan...maybe if we're the rowdy pair, they'll kick us out and make us go back to the main building. At least I have a window now, and I can tell what the weather is without having to IM anyone.

By the way, did you know that today was National Napping Day? Yeah, I didn't either. Instead of celebrating it with a nap, I went to spin class. I dunno if it was the packed room or the workout, but I was sweating buckets by the end of class! It's probably a combination of both.

I wanted to make sure that I had something to bring in for lunch this week, so I hopped over to Budget Bytes after spin class and made her broccoli shells 'n cheese. I think I put too much onion in it and not enough broccoli, but still a pretty yummy dish! I was able to use the last of the milk in the fridge and an open package of cheese.

A.C. Moore was having a great sale yesterday: you could get 20% off merchandise if purchased between 6-9 PM (including sale items). Since I was already out looking for yellow paper for a potential custom order (I didn't find any yellow paper that would work, unless the lady wanted SpongeBob Squarepants on her wedding cards...), I wandered over to the Nestabilities section since they were 40% off. I figured that with the remaining amount I had on a birthday gift card and the great sale, I could justify buying the two sets of dies and a package of bling for my fabric flowers. I was excited to use one of the dies for tonight's card. I wanted to use some of the g.c.d. Studios paper I had, a sticker of some sort that my cousin got me from Taiwan a few months ago, and a sentiment stamp that I hadn't used in a while. Here's what I came up with. The rose stickers are so pretty and I love how the paper has a little bit of texture to it without me having to alter it.

Card Specs:
Embossing powder: Personal Stamp Exchange- Black
Embossing ink: VersaMark
Paper: g.c.d. Studios- Chianti Collection, Peekaboo (red)
Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 4
Stamp: Studio G (sentiment)
Other: Black Sharpie Ultra Fine Point marker

1 comments :

Linda B said...

The card is beautiful. I'm jealous of the window in your new space.

Post a Comment