Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Spring Sister Challenge, Day 2 + Fall-To Layout #131

It's been over a week since I've received my new running shoes, but I haven't been able to give them a try until today. I was happy to be able to go for a run after work today and thankful that the daylight lingers around a little longer every day. The new running shoes that I got are "Mizuno Inspire 6 Women's Shoe White/Pink," and I'm a fan! The shoes must be magic because I was able to complete my 4.85 mile run without getting the usual blisters on my feet. Well, I guess it might have helped that these were brand new shoes and were designed to be supportive. Woot! St. Patrick's Day 8K, I'm ready for ya! See? I even have my t-shirt! My boss was nice enough to let me go downtown this morning to get my race packet.

For today's sister challenge, Julie picked out a sentiment stamp and challenged me to use it with embellishments that she gave me for my birthday (one that I hadn't used yet). I used Fall-To Layout #131 as a template. The tag originally had the sentiment stamped on the white cardstock, but I didn't like how there was so much white, so I stamped the sentiment on pink and blue paper and paper pieced it together on the tag to add some color. I picked out some non-flower stickers that my sister gave me and applied some Distress Ink at the last minute to finish the tag.
Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Charcoal. Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo.
Stamps: Hero Arts- Thinking of You Messages (sentiment)
Die: Sizzix- Tags, Scallop Combo #2 (tag)
Paper: Die Cuts with a View- Stack 7, Die Cuts with a View- Sweet Stack, American Crafts- Letterbox
Stickers: EK Success- Hearts, EK Success- Sweet Treats
Foam adhesive: Thermoweb
Other: Black Sharpie Ultra Fine Point marker

Song of the day- "This"- Darius Rucker

3 comments :

Fiona said...

Lovely Tag
Fiona

Susan said...

Cute tag!

Brenda Dean said...

Love how you took the sketch layout and made it your own! Beautiful! As a challenge lover, you might also be interested in my Clean & Simple Sunday Challenge.

Post a Comment