Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Wee Memories Challenge #49

I took advantage of the sunny weather outside to enjoy Mom's garden. The daffodils are in full bloom. We also have a new addition- Mom bought herself a stone bunny for her birthday last week. Ginger and I took the bottom right picture right before her after-dinner nap and my spin class.

Anna the spin instructor played Savage Garden's "I Want You" at spin class tonight. (awkward pause) Oh, come on. You know this song. It has "chica cherry cola" in the lyrics. Google it if you need to refresh your memory. Wow, talk about a flash back to the 90s and middle school. (shudder) In all seriousness, it's kinda a catchy song. I might have to put it on my mp3 player for running.

This week's Wee Memories Challenge (#49) encouraged us to create any card we wanted. Wow, such freedom! Sometimes I work better with a specific prompt, but it didn't take me too long to come up with a card. I knew I wanted to use a cat stamp from a set that I received for my birthday a few years ago. The layout came to me when I was at spin. I did a little bit of everything for this card: stamping, paper piecing, embossing (both dry and heat), faux stitching, and paper punching...but I think it all tied together nicely. :)
Card Specs:
Embossing powder: Stampendous! in clear
Embossing ink: VersaMark
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Blackbird and French Blue
Paper: Die Cuts with a View- Stack 7
Stamps: Hero Arts- Cat Portraits (kitty), Hero Arts- Cling Dots, K.I. Memories- Pet (fish bone)
Punch: Fiskars Threading Waters border punch
Foam adhesive: Thermoweb
Stickers: American Crafts Chipboard Thickers in Darling (white)
White Gel Pen: Inkssentials
Other: Pink Sharpie Ultra Fine Point marker

Song of the day: "I Want You"- Savage Garden.

4 comments :

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous pics! Love the look on Ginger's face - "I have her so well trained."
Love the card too. That cat stamp is really cute and so are the fish bones. :)

Jenny said...

Too cute!! :) :) :) :) :)

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

ADORABLE!!!!!Thanks so much for playing along with us at Wee memories!!!!!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Tina, this is absoultely adorable! I love it! Thank you for playing with us Wee Memories. :)

Post a Comment