Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Full Moon

I love my gym. They do such a great job with combining health promotion and community building. When the earthquake happened in Japan last week, I wondered if the gym was going to hold a charity spin class to raise money for the relief effort similar to what they did for the Haitian earthquake last year, and sure enough, when I went to spin class this morning, there was an orange sign on the door announcing the 2-hour charity spin class next Saturday. Yep, I'll be there! As a side note, I'm happy that Janice will be teaching on Sundays now. I'm thinking that enough people gave bad reviews to the original instructor, so they kicked her out.

Tonight, I went out for Mexican food with Meg and Robyn to celebrate Meg's birthday. I got a strawberry daiquiri and a chicken taco salad. Funny things that happened...
  • I complimented Robyn on her nail polish. "Tina, you gave it to me for Christmas..." Oh. Heh.
  • Robyn got Meg a medium size bag of pretzel M&Ms. She must have been thinking on the same wavelength because I got Meg a bag of those too! This was not coordinated beforehand.
  • After a visit to Cake Love to get some cupcakes as dessert, we sat outside on a bench. We chatted and people watched. Some funny dogs walked by. One in particular, a pekingese, made a point to check me out.
Did anyone catch the full moon tonight? It was super bright. I took a picture of it through the sun room. The picture turned out kinda Halloween-y with the tree branches in the frame.

Song of the day: "Till The World Ends"- Britney Spears. This would be a good running song...I need to get it on my mp3 player.

2 comments :

June K. said...

Too funny on the nail polish.... nothing like complimenting on one's own gifts. LOL.

Jen W. said...

Aside from the running inspiration I've gotten from you, I love your joy of food! You're the only other person I know who gets so excited by things like free office lunches and such! Ha! :)
Awesome moon picture. Apparently last night the moon was the closest to the earth it's been since 1992.

Post a Comment