Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

One-Layer Wednesday #44

"Do you have any CAN-DY?"

I say really loudly so that my co-worker across the hall can hear me. I've been asking him for the past few days now. This was a not-so-subtle hint, encouraging him to refill his candy bowl. He finally went downstairs to Office Depot and bought some mini chocolate candy bars and Twizzlers. Yay! Too bad I'm moving to the office across the street in the next few days. Maybe that's good thing. Some separation from the candy bowl is a good thing.

This week's One-Layer Wednesday challenge (#44) focuses on getting inspiration from Marta's Pinterest Boards. While I liked many of the photos in the Feed Me section, I went with this banner invitation. I liked how the banner wasn't made of the traditional triangles or semi-circles that are all the rage these days in the scrapbooking/card making world. I LOVE the simplicity of this card. The red pops against the charcoal, and the different flags create some visual interest.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Charcoal, Warm Red
Stamps: Fiskars- Squarely Sentimental, K.I. Memories- Newsprint Lower, Fiskars- Border-A-Plenty, American Crafts- Majestic, Basic Grey- Medallion
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper

5 comments :

Jen W. said...

Awesome! Love those funky flags!

Virginia L. said...

Beautifully done, Tina! I LOVE your take (we used the same inspiration photo!!). Very pretty and festive--just what the banners should be!

Monica K. said...

Love how you turned the squares into banners. Great job interpreting the photo!

kingstonmama said...

Great card. I love the black and red. It looks like it was a lot of work!

Susan Raihala said...

Ohmygosh! What a lovely, lovely interpretation of the inspiration photo! You're right...using squares as the banner is so fresh and fun!

Post a Comment