Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Cupcakes and Cards

During my visit to Cake Love last night, I picked up 2 red velvet and 2 Cynthia's Sin cupcakes (think of it as a Snickers bar in cupcake form...they were doing a deal on them. $2/cupcake instead of the usual $3.25). I ate one of the red velvet ones before going to be last night. OMG, yummmm.Because Tuesday's spin instructor Janice is also teaching on Sundays now, I went to her 9:45 AM class and sweated buckets. It was a great way to start the morning! And since there's a tentative plan to have a girls beach trip over Memorial Day, I feel inclined to kick my workouts up a notch so I went for a 4.85 mile run around the neighborhood while jamming to Britney Spears and Lady Gaga. Currently debating doing the Pike's Peek 10K in April to prep for the Capitol Hill Classic 10K in May...

I made this chicken dish for lunches this week. The Board of Directors is supposed to be meeting at the office this week, and the staff was invited to eat with them on Tuesday. Seeing people I haven't seen in a while AND a free meal...yep, count me in!

My Wee Memories challenge #47 entry was selected as a Honorable Hoot this week, yay!

Today's card was inspired by the card that Kristina Werner created for Finally Friday March 18, 2011. I liked how she was able to incorporate several different pieces of patterned paper into one card. Instead of making it all yellow, I used several papers from the American Crafts City Park collection because I knew that they would already jive together. I originally had a white/green button next to the sentiment, but I didn't like how that panel would be mostly white, so I replaced the button with a flower sticker. Ah, much better.

Card Specs:
Paper: American Crafts- City Park
Other: Brown Sharpie Ultra Fine Point marker
Stickers: American Crafts Chipboard Thickers in Darling (white), Sandylion- Flower Power
Foam adhesive: Thermoweb

Song of the day: "Born This Way"- Lady Gaga.

1 comments :

Jen W. said...

Congrats on your Honourable Hoot! :)
You're killing me with that cupcake...

Post a Comment