Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

CPS #208

I realized that I didn't share the birthday card that I made for my sister a few weeks ago, so here it is! Yeah, so I get that squirrels aren't really people's most favorite woodland creature, but since they made a frequent appearance in her comic strips at school, I figured it'd be appropriate. I also painted my fingernails this bright green color that I got on clearance at Ulta. The nail polish is from China Glaze and seasonally appropriately named Four Leaf Clover.
Here's my take on this week's CPS challenge (#208). I wanted to use some of the pearls that I bought at A.C.Moore last night, and I thought they'd go really well in the center of the flower. I thought the little panel on the bottom right would be too boring if it just had the sentiment so I accented it with green leaves and yellow flowers to match the card's focal point.
Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Charcoal, Warm Green, Yellow Ochre
Stamp: Fiskars- Friendly Flowers (all)
Punch: Martha Stewart- Classic Butterfly
Paper: American Crafts- Letterbox (brown, blue)
White Gel Pen: Inkssentials
Foam adhesive: Thermoweb
Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug (Victoria)
Pearl: Queen & Co.- Pearl

I watched The Princess and the Frog last night; I borrowed it from the library when I went there on Friday. There were some laugh-out-loud moments, but overall, it doesn't beat my all-time favs Lilo and Stitch, Finding Nemo, Toy Story, etc.

1 comments :

Lea L. said...

The birthday card is super cute, and I just love the floral accent on the second one! Great job with CPS 208!! ♥♥♥

Post a Comment