Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

One-Layer Wednesday #46

Some links I found that I thought were worth sharing...
It was kinda lonely at the office today. My officemate was out of the office on travel and my boss was out on travel to the same place. I saw a few "free food in the (main office) kitchen" emails flash by, but I thought "Meh, nah, I'll pass. I'd probably overeat anyway...." (but that's not stopping me from eating Easter candy as I type this blog post up...). Chocolate? Yes, please.

I broke down a bought a running skirt today (2 actually). The weather is getting warmer (well, not really today, but in general), and eventually my running capris will be to hot to run in. However, the shorts that I have chafe on longer runs. I didn't want to get bike shorts because I didn't like feeling that my butt was out there for everyone to see. I guess it is normally, but maybe it's more of a mental thing? Meg suggested going the running skirt route because the butt is covered more and there is a pair of shorts underneath that won't chafe. I took today off from exercising (and took a nice long post-work nap) and plus the weather was gross outside, but I'm looking forward to trying out the new exercise clothes.

This week's One-Layer Wednesday (#46) focuses on eggs...which is seasonally appropriate and good timing because when I was going through my $1 clear stamps last night, I had a thought "Oh, I haven't used these eggs stamps in a while. Maybe I should use them soon." I had trouble coming up with a layout, so I recycled the hex inspiration from last week's OLW. Like I said last week, it's a versatile layout, great for any season. I like how the eggs have a floral design inside...I think it's great for visual interest and texture. To make this card not exactly like the card I did for last week's challenge, I put a frame around the hex, added some other stamped elements, and moved the sentiment stamp over.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Prussian Blue, Aquamarine, Rose Coral, Yellow Citrus, Charcoal
Stamps: K.I. Memories- Garden (leaf), Studio G (egg, sentiment), Autumn Leaves- Build-a-Flower (hex center), K.I. Memories- It's a Girl (dotted circle, yellow circle in hex center), Autumn Leaves- Doodley Frames (frame)
Pearl: Queen & Co.- Sunflower Yellow

11 comments :

ThinkInk Creative said...

I think this is rather clever. I had trouble with the hex design and nearly gave up. So well done.
cheers,
Malyn at ThinkInkCreative

Jen W. said...

Eggcelent idea! (Sorry, couldn't resist...) Love the frame around it!

Heather T said...

What a lovely card. I was totally thrown by the hex challenge and didn't manage to create anything, now I see the next challenge is eggs, but I don't have a single egg stamp. I am inspired by your combining both challenges so beautifully.

Deborah Frings said...

I really like the way you've used the hex and egg challenges together - they really work. Fabulous Easter card.

Susan said...

Wow this is so creative! Way to go!

Janeen said...

creative use of the egg stamp and I didn't even notice it was eggs until i started reading. i do believe i am tired tonight. nicely done.

Jenny said...

What a creative way to use the humble egg shape, I like the design x

Jennifer Styles said...

Oh, this is awesome! And of course, I love how you recycled the hex theme.

Very pretty card!

Bonnie said...

I love the way you made a wreath from the egg stamp! What a creative idea!

Donna Huisinga said...

This is very creative and lined up just perfectly. Just goes to show you that a wreath can be for any occasion.

Susan Raihala said...

What a gorgeous and creative idea! I love the colors you chose, too!

Post a Comment