Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Resist Embossing Technique, Part 2

Funny things that happened at the office today:
  • I went to go visit my former officemate in the main building, and one of my co-workers walked by and asked her is she missed me. "No, because she's over here all the time." Ha ha. It's true. I was in the main building a total of 4 times today. There was leftover meeting food, so that was an extra incentive to go over and also visit.
  • When a bunch of us were getting leftover lunch, one of the guys said that he was having a snack. I asked him if what he was getting was within his new dietary restrictions (he recently found out that he was diabetic). "Yes, Tina..." Then another person noted that my comment was very mommy-ish. Oops. I can't help it!
  • My boss and I are going to be traveling together for work in May and renting a car. me- "Do you want me to bring my GPS?" Boss- "Um, sure, that'd be great. I use maps." Oh, gosh, is she talking about a fold out map? How old school.
I decided to try another emboss resist card with the same stamp I used on Monday. This time, I stamped the music score stamp first and then I used clear embossing powder to stamp the bird image on top. I was expecting the music score to stand out more, but you can't even see it through the clear embossed part of the card. Maybe I needed to zap the music score image with a heat gun before moving on. Oh well. I went over the card with some Distress Inks, expecting the colors to be more vibrant, but they are definitely more toned down. It's definitely not my style, but I think the teal, tan, and red kinda work together. Same stamp, totally different look.

Card Specs:
Embossing powder: Stampendous! in clear
Embossing ink: VersaMark
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Broken China, Warm Honey, Barn Door, Antique Linen. Colorbox chalk ink in Blackbird.
Paper: Die Cuts with a View- Stack 7
Stamp: Hampton Art- Bird Collage, American Crafts- Rue, Stampendous (music score)
White Gel Pen: Inkssentials

1 comments :

Jen W. said...

Still looks cool even if you can't see the music score.

Post a Comment