Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Wee Memories Challenge #50

So, last Tuesday, after spin class, I decided to order something online. Some percentage of the proceeds was going to the Japanese earthquake/tsunami relief effort and I thought, "I get the item, and some of it goes to a good cause. Win-win situation. Love those." What did I get, you ask? An official Do Life t-shirt! :) It was waiting outside the house when I got home from work today. I quickly changed out of my work clothes so I could put it on and take a picture with it, complete with the BenDoesLife finger point.

This week's Wee Memories Challenge (#50) theme was color: "Tell us about your favorite color or use your favorite color palette ... any colors you want to mix up!" I would have to say that I use a lot of bright colors in my cards, but I am a big fan of red. I wanted to use some of the g.c.d. Studios paper and was inspired by this friend card from Kristina Werner where she used strips of cardstock. I, instead, used stripes of patterned paper for the visual interest. I also used a stamp set that I bought over the weekend on clearance. The entire Garden Greetings stamp set was $2.49, mwah ha ha. I paper pieced the butterfly and flower to tie them back into the patterned paper I used in the background and added some buttons for some dimension. Glossy Accents was added to the butterfly antennae, the flower stamen and dots.
Card Specs:
Paper: g.c.d. Studios- Chianti Collection
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Blackbird
Stamps: Inkadinkado- Garden Greetings (sentiment)
Buttons: Bucket Black from Michaels
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
Other: Glossy Accents

P.S. Mom left today for a 3 week vacation to see her family and friends. Dad, Ginger, and I will have to fend for ourselves. This should be interesting...

3 comments :

Jen W. said...

Love the red and kraft together and the stamp is really cute. Good luck without mom. Put Ginger to work - the least he could do is have dinner on the table for you when you get home... :)

Laurel Beard said...

I love red too. Especially with Kraft! LOVE IT! Thanks for playing along with us at Wee Memories.

Nerina said...

**Love** your beautiful card! Your papers and stamping look utterly gorgeous together! Enjoy your new shirt - it's fabby! Thanks for playing along with us at the Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge! :0)

Post a Comment