Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Leadership Conference, Day 3 + Fall-To Layout #135

Today was the last day of the leadership conference, and I think it ended on a really good note. You know how sometimes you go to a training conference, and you leave feeling like "ok, what do I do now?" I didn't come away feeling that way. I had a list of books that I'm interested in reading (hopefully, the library will have some of them) and ideas that I'm eager to bounce off of my colleagues when I get back to the office on Monday.

When I was saying good bye to the 2 people from the conference that work in the same building, we all agreed that we'd probably see each other in the Ben & Jerry's line for Free Cone Day next week. :)

Since the conference was kind of a trek from home, I decided to take that opportunity to scope out the craft stores in the area before and after the event. I came away with some loot, and every item I bought was discounted or on sale. Ready? 2 American Crafts paper collections (like I don't have enough AC paper), 1 American Crafts alphabet stamp set, 2 rubber stamps, 1 clear stamp set, 1 pad of watercolor paper, 1 Colorbox fluid chalk ink pad. The ink pad was a great find because I was planning to get one online. I guess it pays be patient.

Ginger the cat was very needy when I got home. Maybe Dad didn't give her enough petting attention. I was pleasantly surprised that the house wasn't in disarray when I got home. Dad kept things in order. Yay!

Here's my take on Fall-To Layout #135. I really wanted to use some of my new American Crafts paper, so I chose a yellow/red floral one. I created my own layered flower using some Primas and then added some garden insects to give some life to the white panel. The sentiment was a little tough to come by because I didn't want to add another panel in and I wasn't sure a sentiment with black embossing powder was going to stand out enough. I decided to use two different sets of black chipboard letters to create the sentiment.
Card Specs:
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo.
Paper: American Crafts- A La Carte
Punch: Martha Stewart Doily Lace border punch, EK Success Scalloped Circle punch (2 inch)
Brad: Recollections- Silver Circles
Flowers: Prima
Stickers: EK Success- Animals, American Crafts Chipboard Thickers (Tenant Phrases), American Crafts Chipboard Thickers in Typo
White Gel Pen: Inkssentials
Other: Brown Sharpie Ultra Fine Point marker

1 comments :

Jenny said...

Such a colourful card, great take on the sketch.
Jennie X

Post a Comment