Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Leadership Conference Follow-Up

I had a meeting with the Executive Director and the Chief Operating Officer this morning to debrief them on the leadership conference that I went to about a week ago. I told them about the new initiatives I had in mind, and they responded positively to them and gave me the green light to pitch the idea to the senior staff. At the end of the meeting, the ED said something to the effect of how I was quiet and won't really get in people's faces about getting things off the ground. I was laughing on the inside because of course he'd think I'm quiet. That's because a) he's the ED and b) we're not related. I'm glad that I had a meeting with the leadership this morning and I followed through with my plan. I'm not one to go straight to the top, but I guess in order to get stuff started, what better way to make yourself vulnerable and bring it up to the Big Boss? My next goal is to find some partners-in-crime.

Today's card is another one that started out with what I already had on my desk. The floral patterned paper was from the 1st try of this card, but I cut it too small. It was too big a piece to put in the recycle pile, so I decided to put it to good use. I wanted the flower to be the main focus of the card, so I decided to embellish it with some glitter glue and white faux stitching. I didn't want to cover patterned paper with glitter because a) it'd be overwhelming and b) the paper would probably start to warp. I don't use glitter a lot because I don't like risking it falling everywhere, but the glue helps set it.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Warm Green
Paper: American Crafts- A La Carte
Stamps: SEI- Winter Song (sentiment), Hero Arts- Cling Dots
Punch: Martha Stewart Doily Lace border punch
Glitter glue: Studio G
White Gel Pen: Inkssentials

Song of the day: "Heartbreak on Vinyl" - Blake Lewis. Heard it at spin class tonight.

0 comments :

Post a Comment