Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Happy Anniversary, House!

July 8, 2011 was a major day of my life- the day that I officially bought a house! I call it my Independence Day from my parents since I was living at their house beforehand. However, I think that's kinda misleading since I'm over at the house a lot. This year has gone by so quickly...here are some of the highlights/lessons.

a. Spiders are best killed with a vacuum cleaner. No contact necessary.

b. Spiders can be killed with brooms. #shortpeopleproblems.

c. Cats are great for keeping an eye out on spiders and bugs (see a and b).

d. If you keep order in the house every day, there's less to clean when guests arrive.

e. It makes me happy to see lines in the carpet that the vacuum left behind. OMG, I'm turning into my mother. Always a nice feeling.

f. Be careful of doors that don't work. They will eventually fall off and scratch your wall.

g. Be sure to have the correct color of paint to cover up the scratch on said wall (see f).

h. Artwork helps cover up ugly mismatched paint (see f and g).

i. Having a home warranty is awesome, especially when the air conditioner needs to be replaced.

j. If you're patient enough and not too picky, you can find some really great secondhand items at estate/yard sales to furnish your first home.

Card: I finally had the time to make a card today. With all the power and heat issues, I haven't really felt like making one until now.

Card Specs:
Tag: American Crafts Bits- Peachy Keen Collection
Paper: American Crafts- Peachy Keen, American Crafts- Letterbox
White Gel Pen: Uni-Ball Signo Broad White Gel Pen
Stickers: Lily Bee Design
Punch: Fiskars Scalloped Sentiment border punch

Songs of the day: "Blow Me (One Last Kiss)"- Pink and "Scream"- Usher

1 comments :

Jen W. said...

A year already? Congrats on surviving your first year of home ownership! :)

And this is officially my new favourite card of yours. Love. It!

Post a Comment