Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

An Ungraceful Moment

Good deed of the day: I went to Safeway around lunch time to get some snacks and on my way out, a pregnant lady approached me. She showed me a crumpled piece of paper that had a list of shelters on it. She looked like she was really struggling, so I offered her $5. "Actually, do you have $10?" o_0 That was totally awkward. I offered her the $5 and we parted ways...only for me to see her approach some other people down the block. That's gotta be a tough life. :(

At the office:
Don't you just hate getting caught with your mouth full? Mmmyeah. I was monitoring a conference call this afternoon while snacking on crackers. Suddenly I get asked a question. For a second, I thought I thought I could finish chewing what I was eating, but I ended up spitting out the crackers and answering the question. Thankfully no one was watching because that'd be the least graceful moment ever.

Craft Show 2012: I recently received an email from the organizers of last year's high school craft show that Robyn and I did. They wanted to inform us that there wasn't going to be a craft show this year, but didn't specify the reasons why. Even though Robyn and I made some money at that event, the last minute postponement of the event and the lack of vendors and shoppers made it a not-so-great event overall. I would have thought they would have pulled together to make up for last year's event, but sadly, that's not the case.

Card: For today's card I challenged myself to use only two sheets of patterned paper. For the strips, it was all from one sheet of paper: the A side, B side and the strip of paper that says the paper's manufacturer and collection. I was also pleased that this card turned out fairly gender neutral.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Charcoal. Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Weathered Wood.
Stamps: Studio G
Paper: American Crafts- Peachy Keen, Chatterbox
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper

0 comments :

Post a Comment