Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Update on 2012 Movies and Book

Movies: On Friday, I watched the movie Warrior on Redbox which was surprisingly good despite its intense violence. And last night, I went to see Magic Mike with Meg and Robyn (finally). We had originally planned to go see it opening weekend, but with the huge storm and power outage, that was just not going to happen. We were really surprised that there was a family of several children in the theater. Did the parents just not do their research before they came to the movie? The previews alone would give them nightmares! Fortunately, the parents were smart to leave within the first few minutes of the movie. The movie was very entertaining, despite there being a disturbing drug background story. Channing Tatum, sigh.

Oh, by the way, this was a super funny clip of him with Jimmy Fallon. "Ew!" Ha ha.

Book #4 of 2012: I forgot to mention that I finished Catching Fire during the whole power outage event a few weeks ago. I thought the beginning was a little slow (I almost gave up), but I stuck it out since, well, what else could I do with no power? I'm glad that I did because the last half of the book was more action packed. I started Mockingjay when I was waiting for a friend to go see Brave a few weeks ago and was able to find it at the library not too long after that.

1 comments :

Jen W. said...

I'll be curious to hear what you think of Mockingjay. I thought The Hunger Games was definitely the best of the three books and then they got progressively more disappointing after that.

Post a Comment