Pages

Saturday, July 28, 2012

New Fun Toy

I was determined to get a whole bunch of things done today. Ready for the rundown?
  • Library to drop off Mockingjay. I got only halfway through it. I dunno, I'm just not as into the series as, say, Harry Potter. I'll eventually pick it back up to finish it.
  • Gas station to gas up the car. $3.45/gal. :(
  • Target for Sally Hansen Insta-Dri nail polish, which was on sale. I ended up getting the shade called Racey Rouge.
  • Bank to deposit a check.
  • Giant to buy a box of creamsicles.
  • Home to drop off items and take a little break.
  • Back out to the mall to walk around. New York & Company was having a really great sale, but I didn't find anything that I really wanted. Instead, I ended up at Old Navy and got some t-shirts.
  • Best Buy for my new computer! The Toshiba that I got for graduate school about 6 years ago is on its last leg so I thought I'd pounce on a Sony Vaio since it was on sale. It runs so much more smoothly! I felt like I could justify this purchase by saying that it was a personal reward for doing well on my performance review and getting a raise. It's such a great feeling to buy something that you've been saving up for.

This evening, Robyn and Beth came over for Chinese food. I got the shrimp and scallop with seasonal vegetables, which was okay. In my head, I thought it would look like something else that the restaurant serves, so when I saw the take out container, my excitement kinda deflated. I ate some and gave the rest to Julie (who showed up later) to give to Dad at the house. The funny thing about this restaurant is that I've eaten there a few times, but my uncle's the one that orders so I have no idea what I'm eating. All I know is that it tastes good. Ha ha.

We watched the Olympics and made fun of the commentators who can't really seem to say anything consistently nice about anyone. They are so critical!


Song of the day: "Dance With Me Tonight"- Olly Murs

0 comments :

Post a Comment