Pages

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Oscars Night

Harry the homeless cat: Has really claimed my parents' deck as his home.  Hans the orange cat (who already has a home) came to visit and there was a little bit of a stand off at the stairs.  Hans ended up in the garden and Harry stood at the stairs to make sure there were no more uninvited guests.

Weather: We're expecting snow and ice overnight so OPM has closed the federal government in advance of the storm for tomorrow.  Yay for a 3 day weekend! :D

Oscars Night: I'm usually not one to watch award shows while they're happening, but rather watch the highlights the day after.  I actually watched the whole thing tonight (minus 30 minutes from the beginning), one of the reasons being that Ellen was hosting and I knew she'd be totally funny. 

And she was.  It was a great awards show!  I think the interactions that she had with the crowd were so great, specifically the selfie and the pizza order.  Everyone seemed really relaxed and happy, and I feel like Ellen did an excellent job reducing the tension I'm sure that the nominees were feeling.  I liked the musical performances by Pink, Bette Midler, and Idina Menzel (although I'm not sure how John Travolta could butcher her name, how embarrassing!).

0 comments :

Post a Comment