Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Getting My Money Back, Mac and Cheese, and an Elephant Card

MyEyeDr Experience: I went in a few weeks ago to get my eyes checked.  It turns out that they were dry and irritated.  Taking the privacy screen off my computer at work did wonders and the dryness has definitely subsided.  I got my insurance statement in the mail and I noticed that the copay cost was $15.  I paid $50 for the appointment.  I was so confused.  Originally my sister Julie and I were going to go see the new Transformers movie but decided against it because of its poor reviews.  She wanted to get Potbelly sandwiches for lunch and I went to the MyEyeDr office to see if they could clarify what happened.  It turns out that they incorrectly charged me and I'll be getting my $35 back.  Whew!

Recipe #5 of 2014: A few days ago, I downloaded the Kindle app on my phone and borrowed a couple of books from the library to read through the app.  One of then was an Ina Garten cookbook.  I saw a mac and cheese recipe that I wanted to try so that's what I did today.  Julie and I went to get ingredients after getting sandwiches for lunch.  Wow, there was so much cheese in the recipe, but it was totally worth it.  I had to substitute the Gruyere for a more affordable Swiss cheese, but that's okay...the dish was delicious! 
Julie's Card: One of Julie's friends recently got her Master's and she wanted to send her a congratulatory card.  I made the elephant and Julie used some of my patterned paper and stamps to create the card below.

0 comments :

Post a Comment