Pages

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Yard Sale Haul

I went to 2 yards sales this morning, but only had luck with one.  I found 3 Disney DVDs at a family moving sale and they gave me a kitty stamp that I wanted for free.  I went up to the dad of the family and asked him how much for the lot.  Before he could say anything, his daughter stepped in (maybe 5-6 years old?).  "$2 per movie."  I went back to my car to get some money and the daughter was there to take the money, "I'm running the children's stuff."  Aw, cute.
What wasn't cute was this mom that swatted my hand away when I reached into a box of DVDs earlier.  Physically swatted my hand away.  Geeze, okay, you're taking the whole box.  I didn't know.  Sorry.

The yard sale was near the gym, so I cranked out 3.25 miles on the treadmill and was feeling pretty accomplished.  Surili has been killing it on the Fitbit lately (I think it's because she's been at a conference for work...which usually translates to lots of walking between sessions), so I felt compelled to catch up.  I met my 10,000 step goal around lunchtime, so woot!

0 comments :

Post a Comment