Pages

Friday, July 11, 2014

Mmm, Cake!

Even though I work from home on Fridays, I decided to get some errands done and also swing by the office around 2 PM for a co-worker's good-bye party.  Word on the street is that he's heading off to the CIA.  His boss got 3 cakes for everyone to share: carrot, strawberry shortcake, and chocolate bavarian cream.  This coworker was one of the silent diligent types that worked in the background, so I was amused when someone suggested that he say something. "Well, you all know I'm a man of few words (we all laughed because we know it's true...), but I do have experience with speeches.  I was the best man at my brother's wedding and apparently I killed my speech."  Hm, interesting.  I would have never known since he's so soft spoken.  I had a slice of the chocolate bavarian cream cake, picked up a reimbursement check from my mailbox, and then headed home.
Around dinnertime, I headed over to my parents' house to check in.  Dad had a good report from the doctor's and he celebrated by buying a bunch of junk food.  Tsk tsk.  I saw ice cream and bread in the fridge.  I helped out by taking some home with me, but not too much.  Julie and I went for a walk around the neighborhood so that I could meet my 10,000 step goal for the day.

0 comments :

Post a Comment