Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Kansas, Day 3

A colleague, my boss and I were able to sleep in today since the airport was close by. I got a text for my sister, informing me that my cousin had brought over some cupcakes from Georgetown Cupcakes this morning. I had made a big stink about Mom eating half of my red velvet cupcake from Baked & Wired over the weekend. My cousin must have heard about it. Nom nom nom. I pretty much slept the whole flight home...yay. I was a little worried about feeling restless because I was sitting in a row with a family that included a toddler. Fortunately, I zonked out so I didn't hear anything.

I forgot to mention this yesterday...in my breakout group, the facilitator asked us all to introduce ourselves and say a fun fact (my fun fact was about my card making hobby), but some of the other people had cooler things to share. Within our group, we had...
  • A quilter
  • A older lady that did triathlons
  • A veterinarian that spayed and neutered animals during his free time
  • A genealogist
  • A fly fisherwoman
Kinda cool, right? I wanted to talk to all of them at lunch and ask them a bunch of questions because I was so curious, but I ended up sitting next to one of my contacts who was talking about how he converted from Southern Baptist to Judaism, which I thought was an interesting switch in religion.

Anyhoo, here's to sleeping in my own bed tonight, even though it's got a cat's worth of cat hair on it and is dramatically smaller than the king sized bed that I slept in last night at the hotel. Here are some pictures from today...cupcakes from Georgetown Cupcakes and Ginger hanging out in Dad's gym bag.

1 comments :

galoregirl said...

oh my, yummy, those look fab! Lov the cat pic in her dads bag, so cute! take care sister!

Post a Comment