Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Rough Morning

Oh, Ginger Ginger Ginger. She had a little accident this morning...on my bed...at 5:30 AM. Sigh. Oh well. What can you do? While I was waiting for laundry to finish, I made a card. I know. I'm nuts. I suppose I could have gone to the office earlier, but I had a meeting this afternoon, so I would be leaving the office at the regular time anyway.

I'm glad that I made it to Janice's spin class tonight. I felt bad that I didn't go last week (because of work travel) or this past Sunday (because I overslept). Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it to next Sunday's class (because of the 10K) or Tuesday (because of more work travel). May's just not a good month for Tuesday night spin class. Once the Annual Meeting is over in June, I'm FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. :)

Today's card turned out a bit busier than I had envisioned. I wanted to use the white chalk ink on the kraft cardstock and then I built the card from there. I also dug up supplies that I hadn't used in a while: a glitter chipboard element, a button, and a pearl brad. I like the card base and I like the teal panel, but I don't know if they work well in combination. I might have a different opinion about it tomorrow. It might fall under my "24 hour rule," where sometimes things like food and cards taste/look better the day after, once I've had some time to step away.

Card Specs:
Embossing powder: Stampendous! in white
Embossing ink: VersaMark
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Chestnut Roan, Warm Red. VersaMagic chalk ink in Cloud White.
Stamps: K&Company- AB Lotus Greeting Stamps (sentiment), K&Company- AB Lotus Floral Stamps (flowers)
Paper: Die Cuts with a View- Mango Frost
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
Buttons: Bucket Red from Michaels
Brad: Recollections
Chipboard: American Crafts- Fieldhouse- Glitter Blue Skies
White Gel Pen: Inkssentials

0 comments :

Post a Comment