Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A New Adventure Into Geekdom

My Windows XP operating system was on its last leg today. UGH. Oh well. Time to learn something new. I could a) wait until my cousin was home to see if he could lend me an XP CD or b) I could install Ubuntu per my sister's recommendation. It's a Linux-based operating system. I was a little unsure about it, but my sister sings its praises and since I just need a computer that does basic things (print, edit photos, play music, word process, etc.), I wasn't tied to Windows. But, I did want a computer that worked. Within an hour, I got Ubuntu on my computer and at least Firefox on it is working...otherwise I wouldn't be able to type up this blog post. Who knows, I might be a convert.

In other news, I went with my realtor this afternoon to check out the townhome I've been eyeing for the past week. It was so lovely that I asked my parents to come check it out this evening and they were fans too. Dad's quite the skeptical person, so for him to give his approval right off the bat was a huge relief! I'm currently resisting the urge to tell the realtor tonight that I want to put in an offer. This is a house, not a pair of earrings that I want to buy impulsively. I'll sleep on it tonight and then contact the realtor in the morning. Holy cow.

I was asked to make a bridal congratulations card for a girl at the office. I guess it's more of a multi-purpose card because she's getting married, she's going to medical school, AND she's leaving the organization in about a week. I guess "Congratulations" sums up what we want to say, right? I wish I knew her better because then I could incorporate her wedding colors into the card. I guess my go-to cheerful color scheme of red, green and yellow will have to do. I was really stumped as to how to make the card less flat, but not too bulky. Fortunately, I had some buttons from Michaels sitting on my desk. With a few glue dots, I liked the card a whole lot more! Eek, please excuse the picture quality. The card was too big to fit in my light box.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Blackbird, Warm Red, Warm Green, Yellow Ochre
Paper: American Crafts- Abode, A La Carte
Stamps: Fiskars- Sentiments, Fiskars- Petals From Scratch
Buttons: Bucket White, Red from Michaels
White Gel Pen: Inkssentials

0 comments :

Post a Comment