Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Wee Memories Challenge #54

"Tina, we missed you on Tuesday," Janice the Tuesday night/Sunday morning spin class instructor says to me this morning as we're waiting for the early morning class to file out. Eek. I know, I know, I know, I'm sorrryyy! ::hangs head in shame:: The next time I feel like being a lazy, sleepy, food coma bum, I'll have to remember to force myself to go to spin to avoid this gnawing feeling of kinda letting Janice down...and more importantly, letting myself down for not taking better care of my body. I made a point to tell her that I wasn't going to be in Tuesday's class because of work travel, so that she didn't think I just lost interest in going to class. At the end of class, she asked if anyone wanted one more challenge today. I shook my head from the back of the room. I'm tired, sweaty, and probably stinky. Everyone else wanted one more song. "Tina, you can sit this one out if you want." Oh, heck, NO. I did NOT want to be the only one not lasting until the end. What's that saying? If you can't beat them, join them, so I did the last song with everyone else.

Here's my take on this week's Wee Memories Challenge (#54): paper piecing. I thought it'd be cool to use this cherry blossom background stamp that I hadn't used in a while and color in some of the flowers by paper piecing. I used black embossing powder and scraps of patterned paper to create the different colored blossoms. I used black embossing powder, instead of white or clear, to have them stand out a little more. Punched out butterflies with tiny gems completed the card. Lovely :)
Card Specs:
Embossing powder: Stampendous! in clear, Personal Stamp Exchange- Black
Embossing ink: VersaMark
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Blackbird. Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Broken China.
Stamps: The Paper Company Studio- Greetings (sentiment), Fiskars- Asian Inspired (cherry blossoms)
Punch: Fiskars Square squeeze punch, Martha Stewart- Classic Butterfly
Paper: American Crafts- Letterbox (pink, yellow, blue), American Crafts Specialty Paper in Pearl
White Gel Pen: Inkssentials
Foam adhesive: Thermoweb

0 comments :

Post a Comment