Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Yay, New Craftiness!

Overheard in the checkout line in Marshalls: "If you don't ask, the answer is always no." Yep, makes sense.

Most of the day was spent reading Mini Shopaholic. After a week of travel, it was nice to not have to be anywhere.

I went to The Cheesecake Factory to pick up some dessert for Mom as a pre-Mother's Day treat. I guess I could have gotten her some flowers, but she's got a whole garden of them and she's not a huge fan of cut flowers because they only last for a few days. And then with potted ones, there are already so many in the house. In the checkout line, I saw one of the spin instructors. I waved at her and we both laughed. She said to me "I'm going to get a salad" and then she winked at me. Hah, yeah right. Who knows? We might see each other at spin tomorrow morning. All in moderation right? :D

For today's card, I wanted to create a banner with a new punch that I bought tonight at TJMaxx. The punch is intended to be photo tags, but by punching a small hole in the tag, I created some flags. I also used some of the paper that I bought at Marshalls. I love that raspberry color against the cheerful yellow. I did a little damage control on one of the tags because some ink got on it right when I had assembled everything! I had to make it work as I wasn't about to make a whole new card. I created another flag and just pasted it over the messed up one. Pop quiz: can you tell which letter I messed up on? :)

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Blackbird.
Stamps: American Crafts- Rue (alphabet)
Paper: Die Cuts with a View- Mango Frost
Punch: Fiskars Scalloped Sentiment border punch, EK Success Photo Tags Large
Stickers: American Crafts Fabric Thickers in Patchwork, Sandylion- Flower Power, Heart Flowers
Thread: DMC- Ecru
White Gel Pen: Inkssentials

Song of the day: "Move Your Body"- Beyoncé. Did you see the YouTube video of her surprising a bunch of kids dancing to the song? It's super cute. I think it's great that she's using her celebrity status to encourage children to be healthy.

1 comments :

Jen W. said...

I must be slipping - I didn't even know there was a new Shopaholic book out! Doh! Must get to the store...
Mmm... Cheesecake Factory. Yum! Whenever I go to the US I always go to the Cheesecake Factory at least once. That and Taco Bell!
Cool idea with the photo tag punches and that raspberry and yellow combo is very cool. Was it the H that caused the drama on the card?
Btw, thanks for the comment on my Luis post. Guess if I'd listened to my dogs in the first place I might have saved myself some drama! :)

Post a Comment