Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2011

CPS #222

It's been a (X) good day, (_) bad day. :)

Because the movie theater in Omaha was not within walking distance, I had to scratch my original plan to see X-Men: First Class last Friday when it came out. I, instead, went to see it this morning and it was worth the wait and something that I'd buy on DVD. I thought the special effects were awesome, and I liked how they had some cameo appearances to tie back to existing X-Men movies (I won't spoil the surprise in case any of you out there are still waiting to see the movie). If I had to choose a favorite character from the movie, it'd be Beast. Next up: Green Lantern.

Has anyone been watching the most recent season of The Bachelorette? ::whispers:: I have. I am rooting for JP (the PJ date was adorable...). <3

I scored an Etsy sale today (and 1 pending)...the first one in while. I'm excited to be able to focus more on the shop since I don't have any work travel for a month or two.

Here's my take on CPS #222. I was gravitating towards the American Crafts Abode collection, so I picked the heart and polka dot papers and built the card from there. I also did some tone-on-tone stamping on the polka dot paper to add some visual interest to the yellow panel. Pearls were added at the end for a classy, dimensional touch.
Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Blackbird, Warm Red, Yellow Ochre
Stamps: K&Company- AB Lotus Floral Stamps, K&Company- AB Lotus Greeting Stamps (sentiment)
Paper: American Crafts- Abode
Punch: Fiskars Scalloped Sentiment border punch
Pearl: Queen & Co.- Sunflower Yellow
White Gel Pen: Inkssentials

Song of the day: "Good Life"- One Republic

0 comments :

Post a Comment