Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Letterpress Technique with the Cuttlebug Machine

The monthly staff breakfast is tomorrow, and my department is one of the two that is hosting it. I went to the grocery store with one of my co-workers to pick up juice and fruit. We walked by some candy. I just couldn't help myself and exclaimed, "Ooo, candy!" My co-worker was walking behind me with the cart, "Let's move along now. Geeze, Tina. I'm like a parent, grocery shopping with a kid." Well, I paid for the groceries! Who's the grown-up now, eh?

For today's card, I wanted to try use my Cuttlebug machine as a letterpress. I inked up one side of the embossing folder and sandwiched my cardstock in between and ran it through the machine. It took a couple of tries to get it right. Even the white cardstock that I used wasn't perfect, but I thought the majority of the resulting image was good enough to use for this card. Uh, hello traffic light. Ha ha.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Yellow Ochre
Paper: Die Cuts with a View- Nana's Kitchen
Punch: Fiskars Threading Waters border punch
Brad: Recollections- Rhinestone Brads
Flowers: Prima
Stickers: American Crafts Chipboard Thickers in Typo
Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug (Victoria)
Ribbon: Sweet Petites from A.C. Moore

0 comments :

Post a Comment