Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

One-Layer Wednesday #59

Good things that happened today:
  • So you remember this new initiative that I wanted to get started at work? I sent out the meeting invitation this morning. The meeting's not happening for another month, but hopefully, with the advanced planning, people will keep their schedules open during that block of time.
  • Through my realtor, I expressed interest in some of the furniture that's already at the townhome that I'm buying. I figured "you don't ask, you don't get." The worst she could say is no. She agreed to sell me a whole bunch of things. Who doesn't like a win-win situation? I get stuff that's already matching and she gets money to buy new furniture when she moves to her new place. I'm less than 3 weeks away from the closing date...so exciting!
I love the cheerful yellow flowers in this week's One-Layer Wednesday challenge (#59) inspiration. Of course, I had to try it out! I masked off the edges and stamped the flowers and leaves. When I took the masks off, I thought of just drawing the borders in with a black marker, but then I tried using a border stamp instead to define the image space.
Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Bisque, Yellow Citrus, Yellow Ochre, Olive Pastel, Ice Blue, Blackbird
Stamps: Fiskars- Border-A-Plenty, Fiskars- Petals From Scratch, K.I. Memories-Blooms, K.I. Memories- Logo Sushi, Inkadinkado- Round Frames (sentiment)
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper

6 comments :

Deborah Frings said...

Lovely - great bold images and super border!

Good luck with all the house stuff - it's so exciting :)

Jen W. said...

Score on the furniture!

Love how you used the border stamp.

Susan said...

Very creative and very lovely! My Card

Vicky Hayes said...

I love your bold floral design and the border works brilliantly! You sound like a real go-getter Tina - an inspiration to us all!

Lisa A. said...

What pretty flowers, and love the border...very nice:)!!

Jenny said...

Loving the bold prints, such a summery feel to your card :)
Jenny x

Post a Comment