Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Wee Memories Challenge #60

Links from the world wide web:
  • My dad did a funny thing today. I got home from work to find this article about cards from The Wall Street Journal tacked up on the refrigerator. While I'm rooting for homemade cards, I think that receiving anything snail mailed and handwritten would brighten anyone's day.
  • I wonder if this foody adventure in cheesecake would cause a stomachache.
  • Like the game Angry Birds? Play it online...and don't let your boss know, mkay?
For today's card, I wanted to do this week's Wee Memories Challenge (#60) which focused on a party theme. This was a perfect time to use these balloon 3D stickers that I got from Meg for my birthday. I thought it'd be super cute to have an animal hold a balloon that had a sentiment on it, which which animal fold? Oh, I know, an elephant. He can hold the balloon string in his trunk, perfect! Once I chose which balloon I wanted to use in the set, I picked out papers that coordinated with the colors of the balloon.
Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Warm Red, Prussian Blue
Stamps: American Crafts- Dear Lizzy- Warbler (flag)
Paper: American Crafts- City Park, Die Cuts with a View- Nana's Kitchen
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Fiskars Scalloped Sentiment border punch
Sticker: Sandylion Essentials- Balloons
White Gel Pen: Inkssentials

I spent some time tonight downloading and getting familiar with the latest version of OpenShot. I like the thought of embarking on an adventure in video editing and I hope to create more YouTube videos as the summer goes on.

Did anyone watch tonight's episode of The Bachelorette? **Spoiler alert! **




OMG, how can her radar be so off about that (explicative) Bentley?! I hope she gets a wake up call in next week's episode! On another note, whoo hoo...go JP!

5 comments :

Jen W. said...

Always love your origami animals. :)

Brenda Dean said...

This card is gorgeous! Love the origami!

Lisa Elton said...

Ohhhh this is fun...cute little elephant and loving the banner!!!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh wow, how very creative! I love origami :)
Thank you for joining the Wee Memories challenge!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Love this! So creative! Thank you for playing with us at Wee Memories! :)

Post a Comment