Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Patterned Paper to the Rescue!

Dad asked me to make a card to send to my cousin, congratulating her on her new baby girl. After watching a 2-hour episode of the Bachelorette (go JP!), I didn't have a lot of time to think about the card's design, so I started out with a card that had a layout similar to yesterday's. I turned the card so that it'd be a landscape card and put the sentiment on the larger panel. I was stumped as to what to use as embellishments for the lower right corner and I was looking around to see what I had out already. The flowers on the packaging of the American Crafts City Park paper caught my eye. Ah hah! I can cut out the flowers in the patterned paper and glue them down. Smaller flowers can be layered on top of larger ones for dimension. The card doesn't exactly scream "baby" to me, but I think the congratulatory message gets across.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Blackbird
Stamps: Studio G- Hello Friend
Paper: American Crafts- City Park
Foam adhesive: Thermoweb
Other: Royal Blue American Crafts Stamp Marker

0 comments :

Post a Comment