Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Tuesday Trigger: Classically Modern

Funny conversation at the office...

Co-worker asks, "Tina, how old are you?" "28." ::looks shocked:: "LIES!"

...oook, I guess I'll take that as a compliment?

Same co-worker in the same conversation. "Tina, how long have you been looking for a place?" "Well, the one that I put an offer in was the first and only place that I saw with my realtor." ::looks shocked:: "You're crazy!"

Well, I guess some people could say that, but maybe I just knew exactly what I was looking for, found it, and didn't want the opportunity to pass me by.

Other office news: my abstract was accepted into a national conference. Woot. I'm happy that the conference this year is in DC (last year it was in Denver), so less distance to travel. Double woot. My boss's abstract was accepted too, so it's been a good day for the both of us.

Today's card: here's my take on this week's Tuesday Trigger (Classically Modern). Wow, how pretty! I tried to incorporate the color scheme (blue, white, and a little pink and green) into the card as well as some texture that's seen in the white bedspread. It feels kinda unnatural to me to have a card that's mostly white, but at least that's in line with the trigger photo. I also wanted to use some supplies/techniques that I hadn't used in a while: heat embossing, dry embossing and Prima flowers.
Card Specs:
Embossing powder: Stampendous! in white
Embossing ink: VersaMark
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Prussian Blue
Stamps: K&Company- AB Lotus Floral Stamps (large flower), Hero Arts- Thinking of You Messages (sentiment), Fiskars- Petals From Scratch (small flower)
Paper: American Crafts Specialty Paper in Pearl (blue)
Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug (Swiss Dots)
Brad: Recollections- Silver Circles
Flowers: Prima
White Gel Pen: Inkssentials

5 comments :

GabrielaD said...

very pretty!!!

Jen W. said...

Awesome take on the Trigger! That flower stamp is perfect. :) What's an abstract (in terms of your job I mean)? What do you do exactly?

Jessi Fogan said...

Congrats on your great work news - and for your boss as well. It's always nicer to share that kind of good thing!
I love your card - that Lotus stamp is simply divine!

Julia Aston said...

Great card from the trigger inspiration! love the stampings and splash of pink flower!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Tina! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Post a Comment