Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Furry Neighbors

We had a furry visitors in the garden today. I caught a glimpse of a chipmunk this morning before I left for spin class and then a baby bunny when I got home.

I went into today's card making session thinking that I'd be tackling this week's Tuesday Trigger, but I went in a totally different direction when I started picking out papers. I was gravitating towards the pale spring green papers and thought that doing a garden/landscape scene would be fun. That way, I could also use some flowers stickers my cousin gave me. I started the card by creating a tone-on-tone background with the border stamp and then paper pieced the "grass" using patterned paper. Distress inks were used on the sun and two hills to make them stand out a little. I also did something a little different with the clouds and sun by cutting up labels that I die cut. Whew, a little pattern overload today!
Card Specs:
Card base: Hero Arts- Folded Cards in Mocha
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Blackbird. Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Wild Honey, Peeled Paint.
Stamps: Inkadinkado- Round Frames (sentiment), Fiskars- Border-A-Plenty
Paper: American Crafts- Letterbox (all)
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 4
Other: Glossy Accents

1 comments :

Jen W. said...

Love how you used the labels for the sun and clouds. :)

Post a Comment