Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

Staff Breakfast + New Etsy Purchase

I managed to get to the office around 7:45 AM today. This is a rare occurrence. I was able to shave off some time because a) I didn't have to eat breakfast because we were getting breakfast at work and b) I didn't care too much about my appearance because it's casual Friday. The normal early birds were like "Tina, you're here way too early." Yeah, but the earlier I get to the office, the sooner I can leave to start my weekend. There is a reason for the madness.

The staff breakfast that I helped organize was a success today, woot! The menu was French toast, eggs, turkey bacon, sausage, and regular bacon (lots o' meat!), 4 kinds of juice (I took home 2 cartons that were halfway full), grapes, and bananas. I think everyone found the meal filling...I even had some for lunch.

One of the IT guys brought his daughter to work. We were all laughing about how an 8-year-old girl has a cellphone. She insisted that she used it to call her sister, and yes, she knows how to text. My boss's boss welcomed everyone to the breakfast, and in the middle of it, the girl's cell phone text message indicator went off. And everyone laughed and laughed. I don't think it would have been as funny if it was an employee's phone.

There was definitely enough food for people to have breakfast for lunch. Bored? No, I'm not bored. While I was full after breakfast, after I checked survey data for 3 hours with the survey manager, I was feeling hungry again. My boss's boss walks by as I was going to the kitchen to throw away my paper plate, "Tina, I thought you were fulllll," imitating my comment earlier in the morning. "Ummm, I had to use a lot of brain power and energy." "Oh, I fully understand now. Thinking requires calorie consumption."

Being able to leave early allowed me to go grocery shopping and get that out of the way before the weekend started. Yay. Before I left, I went back to the main building to get the juice and I went to visit the admin assistant. He was sitting at his computer, eating some frozen yogurt from a place nearby that just opened. "WHAT ARE YOU EATING?!" He looked really guilty. "Oh, uh, I thought you went home. You were offline!" ::grumble:: Whatever. I ate too much today anyway.

When I got home, the two earring sets that I purchased off Etsy seller SoundsofSilver were waiting for me! One pair was a tiny silver studs and then other were silver studs with a slight dent (she called them pebbles). I am so appreciative of prompt sellers. The earrings arrived perfectly packaged and as described.

Ginger went to the vet today and got a clean bill of health. Except now she doesn't want to eat and is hiding downstairs. What gives?! Maybe she just had a tough day. I guess I'd be irked if I was hauled off to the doctor involuntarily.

0 comments :

Post a Comment