Pages

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Sesame Oil Chicken

I made it to spin class this morning...the first one in a few weeks (ugh...feeling so guilty!).  I gave Janice and Nancy thank you cards and 6 oatmeal chocolate chip cookies each as a gesture of appreciation. "Aw, you know you know have to do it."  Yeah, I know, but I wanted to.

Afterwards, I went to Petsmart (had a coupon for cat food) and Target (hot chocolate mix and all-purpose flour were on sale!).  I also stopped by GoodWill for the first time in weeks too, but didn't find anything good there.  I was on my way to my parents' house when my mom called to inform me that my aunt dropped by with sesame oil chicken, something that I haven't had in a long time, and for me to stop by if I wanted some.  Perfect timing because I was already on my way over there!
The afternoon was spent doing 2 loads of laundry and writing out some more holiday cards.  Pretty productive for a Sunday!

Oh, P.S. Congrats to my friend, Laura, who gave birth to twin boys today :)

P.P.S. I took a personality test that my friend had linked on Facebook. It categorized me as a Good-Natured Realist.
As a Good-natured Realist you are one of the introverted personality types. Consequently, you don’t appreciate too much commotion around you so you can devote yourself to your task with sufficient intensity and concentration. You can work very well alone and while being immersed in a task, you don’t appreciate to be continuously interrupted or disturbed.
Nevertheless, your need for harmony and your adaptability make you a good team worker if necessary. Therefore, you are relatively flexible when choosing your working environment, and have the ability to decide which setting you prefer. A profession that gives you the feeling that you are doing something for other people is important to you. Good-natured Realists are very caring people and enjoy taking care of others. Despite your introverted personality and because you are a feeler- type, it is easy for you to put yourself in the place of others and sense their needs.

You are most comfortable in a one-on-one situation; you are less enthusiastic about delivering speeches to major groups. At any rate, when choosing your profession, make sure to surround yourself with people who share your personal ideals and convictions, and on whom you can count to work with you. Too many obstacles to your caring for and supporting others make you unhappy.
For you, it is important to depend on a clear and structured workflow. You need time to prepare yourself for new demands, possibly acquire new competencies, and finish one task after the other. As a matter of fact, you are less opposed to routine work than many other personality types. To a certain extent, you don’t mind dealing with them. In your workday, some diversions should naturally be available, but juggling three balls at the same time isn’t something you enjoy doing because you would be concerned that the quality of your work would suffer. That would be a nightmare for your perfectionist expectations of yourself and your accomplishments.
 Yep, that's pretty much me.

0 comments :

Post a Comment