Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

A Trip to the Regular Vet

UGH!  Why is my kitty not feeling better?  I thought things were getting better yesterday, but then when I woke up this morning, I saw him straining in the litter box again. 

Then I was debating between the emergency vet and the regular vet.  I called the emergency vet to explain my situation and they said that RJ should go to see a vet, whether emergency or regular.  Yeah, I know!!

(deep breath)

Since it was about 7:30 AM, I decided to try to get some work done, send an email to my boss to let her know what was going on, and promptly called the regular vet at 8:00 AM when they opened.  I was able to bring him in right away.  He got x-rayed there to check for bladder stones, which thankfully he didn't have.  They couldn't get a sterile urine sample, so they had to keep him for a few hours.

I got the same message that I got on Sunday when I went to the emergency vet, which was to increase his water intake to dilute the urine and feed him more wet food instead of dry.  They even went so far as to say that I should add water to the wet food.

Mmm...yum?

It's like cat food soup.

Oh well.  RJ likes it so I guess that's all that matters.

0 comments :

Post a Comment