Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Foody Saturday

Today's primary activity was eating, as you could probably tell by the title of this blog post. But I kinda evened it out by going to spin this morning. By the way, I fell asleep around 10 PM last night, only to wake up at 2 AM super hungry. Like stomach hurting from hunger. What's up with that? Yes, very unusual. The director of HR at work was at spin this morning. I guess we're just both wanting to get our workouts done and over with first thing in the morning.

After spin, I went to my friend Laura's apartment with Jenny and Cristina (::wave::) for a potluck lunch. See lovely tablescape below. The menu consisted of spinach/artichoke dip, pizza, meatball subs, crescent rolls with chocolate and almonds, fruit and peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. Yum! I wish I could burn more calories by just talking because right after the lunch and some chatty time, I went right to an Italian restaurant for a family dinner. Menu: salad, chicken marsala, fettuccine with shrimp and scallop, filet mignon, fried calamari, etc. More yum! Check out the chocolate cake that we got for everyone to share. Don't drool over the computer screen, mmmkay? I secretly told the waiter that we were celebrating my parents' birthdays and asked if it'd be possible to bring some bread pudding with a candle. My mom and dad were so surprised. The bottom left picture is of them watching the restaurant staff sing Happy Birthday. The bottom right picture is of them laughing and laughing and laughing because this will be Mom's 3rd birthday celebration. Dad's just ready to dig into the bread pudding. And yep, I reserved my spot for tomorrow's 8:30 AM spin class.

After dinner, I came back home to work on my inventory for the upcoming craft event on April 10. I think I'm up to about 90 cards, which is a really good start. About half of them are leftover from my last craft event last Fall.

Ok, it's seriously time for bed. Niiight.

0 comments :

Post a Comment