Pages

Monday, March 8, 2010

Marvelous Monday

Oh yes, you read that right. Who knew that Mondays could actually be good days? Speaking from someone that has Garfield syndrome (dislikes Mondays just because they are Mondays), today went really well. Let me count the ways...
  1. Today is Day 1 of Employee Appreciation week at work. Every day this week there's a little perk offered at the office. A 10-minute chair massage was offered to staff today, and I was totally all over that. It felt really relaxing at the end of the day. I could feel that I was holding a lot of tension in my shoulder/neck area, and by the end of the session, I felt like jello. I dunno how the guy managed it. Rubbing that area must have felt like concrete judging by the way I was feeling this afternoon. Crisis neutralized.
  2. Ok, so yesterday, I was totally bummed when I thought that the Super Spin instructor was leaving, as in dropping all of her classes. I was bracing myself for another sucky substitute, but I was pleasantly surprised that the Super Spin instructor was teaching tonight. I had totally misunderstood what was going on. I found out tonight that she's just dropping her Sunday class, not all of them. I made a point to go and talk to her tonight and tell her how much I appreciated her and the class. I'll have to find another use for the card that I made last night. I'm glad that she isn't feeling as bad as I originally thought, but I hope, for her sake, that she feels 100% soon.
  3. "Cute gym front desk guy" was working tonight. 'Nough said. :)
  4. Because of the recent snow storms, the roads here have been filled with potholes. There's a really bad spot on the way home from the gym, and I was totally ready to drive to the side to avoid a startling *THUMP*, but it turns out that the County people have repaired that spot. My car and I (and the neighborhood cars) thank you, County people.
  5. The expiration date of the milk is tomorrow, and there was quite a bit left (nooo). Thinkthinkthink. ::light bulb goes on:: I dug in the pantry and found the pudding mix that I bought on Friday and used 3 cups of the milk for it. Suh-weet! Literally.
The end.

Onward.

Work on the custom order that came in this past weekend is on hold until I get more details from the buyer. No point in assuming what she wants because that could potentially result in wasted effort and supplies. Instead, I worked on a card just because. I think I'm still on the butterfly kick that I was yesterday. No stamps were used in this card...how unusual, right? I like how those American Crafts stickers were forgiving when I had to reposition some of the letters. This card would have to go to someone that had an appreciation for rhinestones and sparkle. Bling bling.

Card Specs:
Paper: Martha Stewart (brown butterfly), My Mind's Eye- Bloom & Grow (green butterfly)
Stickers: American Crafts Remarks- Serendipity, Color Set 4 (smile)
Punches: Fiskars Scalloped Sentiment border punch, Carla Craft cherry blossom punch

Song of the day: "Bleeding Love" (Jason Nevins Original Radio Edit)- Leona Lewis.

0 comments :

Post a Comment