Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

Patience is a Virtue

Patience. It's tough.

The waiting. Sometimes intolerable.

You think I'm talking about patience with other people?

Nope.

I'm talking about having patience with oneself. Tonight was one of those nights that I really felt creatively stumped. I was SO ready to get started on work that I could submit to card magazines (see new goal in this post), but when I looked at the "call for submissions" of one particular magazine, I had no idea what to do. I dug through my stamp stash and couldn't really think of anything that I thought was brilliant enough. I literally sat there for about half an hour and started to feel frustrated with myself. It shouldn't be this hard. What's wrong with me? Why can't I think of a card to put together? I finally took a deep mental breath and decided that I wasn't going to ruin my own evening because I couldn't take a chill pill. I decided to put the magazine thoughts aside and work on something else.

That brings me to today's card. My cousin's birthday is coming up. She's not really a girly girl, so I had to refrain from using any sort of glitter, rhinestone, or ribbon. She's a pilot, but since I didn't have any airplane stamps, I went with these cute vehicles instead. The dashed lines were made by curving the clear stamp on my acrylic block. I like the card, despite the rough start this evening. I guess my parting crafty thought tonight is don't force creativity...you'll probably end up wasting supplies.
Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Yellow Citrus, Lipstick Red, Blue Lagoon, Chestnut Roan
Stamps: Savvy Stamps (sentiment), K.I. Memories-It's a Boy (car, truck), Autumn Leaves- Build-a-Flower (dashed line)

The self portrait was taken between getting home from work and going to spin class. I was just randomly fidgeting with my camera and was surprised that I liked any of the shots that came out. It'll be today's Project 365 picture.

Tonight's spin class was a good workout. And "cute gym front desk guy" was working tonight. He didn't quit, as I was beginning to think since I hadn't seen him in a few weeks. :D

Song of the day: "Live Like You Were Dying"- Kris Allen. Yep, haven't gotten tired of it yet. However, HOT99.5, could you phase that Ke$ha song out sometime? It's getting really old.

3 comments :

Christina said...

Hi Tina - Don't worry too much, I think we all get impatient with ourselves from time to time. I get the same way when I am trying to fold something new. The diagram always looks easy enough until I find myself struggling with a certain step... It definitely takes some patience for me not to crumble up my paper! But in the end, I am usually really happy that I stuck with it!

Anonymous said...

This card is so cute! Thanks for sharing!

(And I totally had a stump night last night, too. What a bummer! Don't worry, though. I'm sure creativity will strike again!)

Fun4Me said...

Very cute card. I love the colors.

Post a Comment