Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Baked Goodies Sunday

I made it to spin class this morning. That's 2 for 2 this weekend, yay! It got really hot in my room in the wee hours of the morning, which woke me up. Well, I'm already awake, I might as well go to the gym. The theme of the music in class today was "crazy" so one of the song's that was played was Britney Spears's "(You Drive Me) Crazy." I felt old thinking that it was an "old school" song. The instructor also played Seal's "Crazy," which is always an energizing song to me.

Next up was a series of errands: Staples (for cardstock and batteries), Petsmart (to check out cute kitties for adoption), grocery store (for ingredients for baked goodies), and gas station. Since I got all of that done before 1 PM, I made it home in time before it got super hot outside. I spent the rest of the afternoon making key lime pie, browsing Etsy, reading my book, and napping. Part 2 of baking happened after dinner...snickerdoodles to bring to the office tomorrow. I decided to change it up from the regular peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.

For tonight's card, I wanted to use scraps that were already out. I picked out this dark blue strip of cardstock and some green damask paper. This was originally a landscape card with the fold on the left, but then I decided that I didn't like the way the knot sat vertically, so I just turned the card 90 degrees. Problem solved. I liked how the Blue Iris chalk ink matched very nicely with the blue cardstock. I also liked the handdrawn look of the stamped images; it looks very whimsical. I added the red rhinestone at a finishing touch to give the card some dimension.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Yellow Ochre, Blue Iris
Stamps: Fiskars- Friendly Flowers (all)
Paper: Recollections Basics- Green Damask
Punches: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Fiskars Apron Lace border punch

1 comments :

so many memories said...

I made cookies on Sunday too...butter pecan cake cookies!!

Post a Comment