Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Cincinnati, Day 2

Disclaimer: none of my blog entries for the next few days will be anything card related because I'm on travel for work and away from my crafty goodies. Tune in on TH when I'll be back to my regular crafty adventures.

The best feeling ever (no, nothing food related) is feeling like my hard work paid off. The workshop that I made the 40 binders for was this morning. I was able to meet people that I've only been communicating with over the phone and email. Do you ever get the feeling that the image of the person you conjure up in your head of the person you're talking to on the phone doesn't match up with the real-life person? I had that feeling today a few times, but it's very possible that that person thought the same thing about me. Even though I wasn't able to participate in the workshop because of another meeting across the hall, I was able to sneak in during the last hour and hear the evaluation portion of the agenda. Every participant had to comment on what they thought of the day and offer any suggestions for improvement. It was awesome for me to hear the enthusiasm from the participants and know that they plan to take what they've learned from the workshop back to their respective work places. Oh, I also got a comment from one of the speakers about how great the binders looked. Suh-weet! :D

The hotel food was pretty good today. I wish I was able to take pictures of the potato gnocchi that I had at lunch, but I think that would have looked really weird to the meeting participants. There's no way to do that subtly with people around you. After a reception with hors d'oeuvres, I went to Graeter's with a bunch of co-workers and got ice cream for dinner. I got a scoop of blackberry white chocolate chip. OMG, it was so good. It was so good that I didn't care that I was making a huge mess. The ice cream was getting very drippy, very quickly (see picture). The ice cream place was near Fountain Square, where the movie screen on top of one of the buildings was playing Night at the Museum 2. I made a mental note to myself to make sure to block off some time during this trip for some photography.

After ice cream, I stopped by Walgreens with two of my co-workers. I wasn't planning to get anything in particular, but when I saw these Mike and Ikes: Lemonade Blends, I HAD to try them. The box was only $1 anyway. They are quite yummy.

Even though it's been a long day (for a Saturday), I felt like it went pretty quickly. Before coming on this trip, I was thinking as long as I made it through today that the rest of the trip would be downhill from here. Hooray, I made it! :)

0 comments :

Post a Comment