Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

U-S-A, U-S-A, U-S-A!

Did anyone catch the USA vs. Algeria World Cup game today? Watching the replay of the goal is awesome! Go USA! :)

For today's card, I wanted to incorporate some paper weaving, but not so much that it covered the entire card. Originally, the card had a layered Prima flower where the brad is, but then I realized that the flower would have totally covered up the paper weaving part of the card, so that's how I ended up with the gems instead. I thought there were too many straight lines, so that's why I added the light blue piece that I used the border punch on. I liked how bright that orange chalk ink turned out. I'm usually not an orange person, but I thought it'd be appropriate since orange is one of the colors in the paper.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Tangerine
Stamps: Fiskars- Sentiments (sentiment)
Paper: Making Memories- Chloe's Closet
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Fiskars Apron Lace border punch
Brad: K&Company- Wild Saffron

2 comments :

Kelsey said...

Very cute card! I love the gems. :)

Amber Rose said...

Yessss!!! I watched it!! Go Landon Donovan!!!

Post a Comment