Pages

Saturday, June 26, 2010

CPS #172

Today started out with going to spin class. Yay! Then I ventured off to the mall, library, craft store (came home with nothing, even though I saw many things that I liked. Hooray for self control), mechanic to change my car's oil, and then camped out at home. The 95+ degree weather made it uncomfortable to be outside.

I picked up an Emily Giffin book (Love the One You're With) at the library. This is my first time reading a book of hers, and I'm enjoying it so far.

For today's card, I tackle CPS's card challenge #172. Paper from last night's crafty session was still out so that's why the paper might look familiar to you. I started with a white vertical panel with polka dots, but then I switched it with a green one because otherwise, there would be too much white. A few of the dots didn't transfer to the cardstock as well as I would hope. Solution? You guessed it...cover it up. Fortunately, the sketch allowed for that too, so that's what's behind the bow. The bow took me only one try, whoo hoo!

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Charcoal, Olive Pastel
Stamps: Fiskars- Just Between Friends (sentiment), Martha Stewart- Patterns (polka dots)
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Fiskars Apron Lace border punch, EK Success Circle punch (1 3/8 inch), EK Success Scalloped Circle punch (2 inch)
Foam Adhesive: EK Success
Paper: American Crafts- Metropolitan

2 comments :

Carone said...

Nice job! I love it! (your bow is really cute!)

Thea said...

Looks cute. I wouldn't have thought that the bow was an afterthought.

Post a Comment